Monday, March 1, 2010

A Weighty Issue

It's Monday again!  On Monday's two of my girlfriends and I religiously get out of bed, go to the toilet, shed our clothes (you'll understand in a second) and weigh ourselves!  We then email the good, the bad or the ugly to each other!  It's our virtual support weight loss program.  We are all doing something different to lose weight, we all live in different towns in Australia and this was the easiest way we could think of keeping ourselves honest.


Today, as I have for the last six weeks, I weighed in at 77kg!  We started in November 2009 and I have managed to lose and sustain 4kg.  Which is great, but maintaining 77kg for six whole weeks is depressing!  Admittedly I have not been as diligent with my exercise as I was when I first started.  I walk for an hour three times a week, including hills and some running and I go to the gym two times a week.  Anyway, it's good to have to check in each week and it keeps healthy eating and exercise at the forefront of my mind.  I turn 40 in December this year and I'm really hoping to be back to my pre-baby weight of 70kg.  I'll keep working on it.


That aside I still haven't put my zip in my dress.  As it is a very rainy day today and the boys were going stir-crazy by 9.30am, I decided to head out to the shops and buy my ironing board for my craft room.  I no longer need to run up and down the internal staircase and leave threads lying around in the spare room, it will make 'Mr C' very happy indeed.  Now I just have to reorganise my craft room to get it to fit...


The boys had a great time running around in the rain this morning in their rain coats.  They were catching teeny tiny snails climbing up the wall and putting them in the bug catcher, boys will be boys.



Here's a sneak preview of my almost finished Coffee Date Dress designed by Elaine May and located as a free pattern on Burda Style.  This is my second dress and I'm pretty happy with the fit and the style, it is a beautiful, girly design.  Also, included a photo of the material for my next project, Kaffe Fassett's Lotus in Umber, I just love this material.  Kaffe is a fabulous designer. 



Well, that's it for today, better go and get those beautiful boys up from their nap or they'll never sleep tonight.


Cheers
Deb

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful are my little grandsons playing in the rain....big big hugs and kisses to them both...grandma misses them:-)

    Your frill turned out great. I did not realize that they would all be sewn together I thought they would have been seperate layers.

    Love your next piece of fabric. No doubt it will be another lovely creation.

    Keep up the good work with the weight loss. I need to be back at your place as the boys keep me on the go and I always lose weight.
    mum

    ReplyDelete